Office: The Hague
Application deadline: December 7, 2020
Established in 1996, ENERGIA, the International Network on Gender and Sustainable Energy, is an informal network that brings together institutions and individuals, to work towards a shared vision that “women and men have equal and equitable access to, and control over, sustainable energy services as an essential human right to development”. This is aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals’ (SDGs) ambitions: to ensure universal access to energy (SDG 7), to achieve gender equality and empower women (SDG 5), to eradicate poverty (SDG 1), and to promote environmentally and climate-related sustainable development (SDG 13).
ENERGIA is hosted by Hivos Foundation, an international nongovernmental organization that provides the legal and fiduciary framework within which ENERGIA’s work is funded and implemented. The ENERGIA International Secretariat (IS), based within Hivos’ Global Office in The Netherlands, coordinates the network, manages its international programs, and works closely with other key actors in the network; its project partners, the Advisory Group and Technical Advisors.
ENERGIA has developed its strategy for 4 years: 2018 – 2022. The strategy aims to:
- Catalyze women’s economic empowerment in the sustainable energy value chain to become leaders and decision-makers in their homes and businesses;
- Improve the enabling market and policy environment for gender equality in the energy sector;
- Enhance ENERGIA’s voice as a thought leader through pioneering innovations and increasing knowledge;
- Ensure a shared coherent discourse and strengthened synergies within ENERGIA through a distinct networking approach.
As the ENERGIA WE Project Manager you will lead the implementation and further development of ENERGIA’s women economic empowerment (WE) portfolio. In this capacity, you will contribute to the performance of the ENERGIA International Secretariat as a key member of the team and report to the ENERGIA International Coordinator and Program Manager.
- Oversee and ensure effective management, implementation and delivery of ENERGIA’s WE project activities, in close coordination with other ENERGIA IS team members.
- As part of ENERGIA WE portfolio, facilitate innovation on women economic empowerment in the energy sector through the management of ENERGIA’s Gender and Energy Innovation Facility.
- Support ENERGIA’s strategic planning and provide significant contribution to the development and acquisition of new projects.
- Collaborate efficiently and effectively with project partners to ensure smooth implementation of WE project activities on the ground.
- Support ENERGIA’s liaison with the donor on contractual issues related to the WE projects activities.
Provide regular monitoring of the status of the WE project activities, undertake country missions and provide substantive input into the development of narrative and financial progress reports as per contractual obligations to donors.
- Contribute to the visibility/positioning of ENERGIA on WE issues in the energy sector, including representing ENERGIA at international and regional forums.
- Contribute to ENERGIA’s communication objectives and production of WE content for promotional/knowledge products in coordination with ENERGIA’s Communication Coordinator.
- Facilitate networking and cross learning on WE among ENERGIA’s partners.
- Build and maintain relevant networks and mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners and key stakeholders and explore opportunities for the development of synergies with other WE initiatives.
- You are committed to the mission statements and values of Hivos and ENERGIA.
- You have a master’s degree in either social science, business management, economics, or other related disciplines.
- You have a minimum of seven years of professional experience on women’s economic empowerment particularly in the fields of women’s entrepreneurship development, access to finance, market development, agency building, and energy access.
- You demonstrate an understanding and knowledge on social innovation.
- You have a minimum of three years working experience incorporating gender in projects in the energy or other productive sectors.
- You have a proven track record working with an international development organization, managing projects and working successfully with partners and donors.
- You have a proven track record fundraising for projects, presenting at international events and in building a network with relevant development partners, influencers and CSOs.
- You have experience working with people from different cultural backgrounds and have proven work experience in Asia and/or Africa.
- You have the ability to work independently and constructively in a team and to cope with workload pressure and deadlines,
- You have excellent coordination, organizational and analytical skills with strong sense of initiative and reliability.
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills in English, excellent computer skills and e-mail applications and are willing to travel frequently internationally and in Asia and Africa.
- You live in the Netherlands, you are an EU citizen or have, or are able to get, a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands.
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. You will be based at Hivos Global Office in The Hague. Employment is offered as soon as possible, for a period of one year, with the strong possibility of extension for an additional year, based on performance and available funding. Depending on your experience and skills your salary will be in accordance with Hivos salary scale 12, based on a 32 hours work week (between € 3,690.00 and € 4,690.00). Travel costs are compensated in accordance with internal regulations and legal requirements. You will be subscribed to the pension fund ‘Zorg & Welzijn’.
Want to know more?
For more information, please contact Sheila Oparaocha, ENERGIA International Coordinator and Program Manager, email: email@example.com.
How to apply
Please apply before December 7, 2020. Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference code 200-10 in the subject title. Interviews are expected to take place in January 2021.
Acquisition on the basis of this vacancy will not be appreciated.