This opportunity was originally published here: https://th.boell.org/en/2021/06/30/call-for-paper-energy
Deadline for application: 6 August 2021
Heinrich Böll Stiftung (hbs) Southeast Asia Regional office is issuing this call for papers/analyses that examine the region’s energy landscape and policy responses to the pandemic around topics including, but not limited to:
- National and/or regional energy blueprints (or the lack thereof) in the context of ‘more sustainable and resilient future’
- Barriers, including policy gaps, that prevent more investments in sustainable energy on the national and/or regional level
- National and/or regional advocacy priorities in relation to sustainable energy transition
- Case studies of decentralized and off-grid energy systems that provide key lessons to inform future policy recommendations
- Potential areas for regional cooperation and analysis of countries roles in the energy market
- The rise of the digital economy and its implications for energy investments
- Gender dimension of energy policies
This call is open to academics, researchers and activists in Southeast Asia.
Independent desk research
Production of an original paper with a maximum length of 15 pages (A4-size, single-spaced) Presentation of findings in a webinar
hbs expects its partners’ work to reflect reliable remote work and gender sensitivity and involve good communication with the hbs program coordinator and editing team.
6 August 2021: Deadline for application and submission of concept notes
16 August 2021: Approval of concepts and start of desk research
20 September 2021: Submission of 1st draft
22 October 2021: Submission of final paper
November 2021 (TBC): Presentation of paper in webinar
Terms of Payment
Competitive compensation paid in two installments after approval of concept note and final submission.
Please submit by email the following documents in one PDF file: a CV, half-page concept note, estimate of the working days for the research and writing process, and daily rate.
Please use “Southeast Asia’s Road to Recovery” in the subject of your email message to be sent to daniel.abunales <at> th.boell.org by 6 August 2021.
For questions, please contact
Program Coordinator, Ecology & Social Justice
daniel.abunales <at> th.boell.org