Know an inspiring female leader in the household energy sector and wish to nominate her for a grand award?
The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves’ Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award recognizes outstanding female leaders in the household energy sector who are advancing clean cooking solutions in emerging markets.
Complete the nomination form here.
The Woman Entrepreneur of the Year will receive:
- Sponsorship to attend the Sustainable Energy for All Forum in Lisbon, Portugal in May 2018 including registration, airfare to/from Lisbon, and lodging.
- International recognition in the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves’ newsletter, website, social media, and other promotional materials.
- Photo shoot to highlight the winner’s work and impact in the sector.
Criteria for Nominees:
- Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably 5+ years of experience, working in the clean cooking sector.
- Currently holds position of CEO, COO, or another key leadership role within the organization/institution.
- Works to advance access to cooking energy in emerging markets.
- Demonstrates that work has had an impact on the clean cooking sector.
- Has a strong track record of leadership in the household energy sector.
- Serves as a role model for other women personally and professionally through coaching, mentorship or other forms of community engagement.
- Is a resident / national of Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria, India, Bangladesh, China, or Guatemala.
Nomination Process & Requirements
The nomination process for the Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award is described below. Nominations will be accepted beginning January 30, 2018, and must be submitted by March 1, 2018. Please email any questions and submit the complete nominations to email@example.com. Contestant may self-nominate.
What information does a Nominator need to submit?
Nominators will need to obtain the following for a Nominee:
- Full name and contact information for the Nominee (e-mail, phone number)
- Contact information of two references for the Nominee
- Years of experience working in household energy access
To submit a nomination, Nominators will also need to:
- Complete and submit the Nomination Form, which includes describing the Nominee’s accomplishments (300 words or less), leadership qualities (300 words or less), and provide additional background information (300 words or less).*
*See Nomination Form on Pages 3-5.
What information will a Nominee need to submit?
After a nomination is submitted, Nominees will be notified by e-mail and asked to submit the following within two weeks:
- Respond to three questions about leadership and impact. See page 6 below for specific questions.
- A current, one-page resume.
- One-paragraph bio
- Headshot (.jpeg or .png format)
- At least one high-resolution photo of the nominee “in action”, working in the field to address clean energy/clean cooking solutions to be used for promotional purposes.
Who may submit nominations?
Nominations may be submitted by employers, universities, professional societies, membership organizations, associations, community groups, individuals, or other sponsors. Self-nomination is encouraged. Nominators should know the accomplishments and capabilities of Nominees firsthand.
What is the selection process?
An initial eligibility screening is conducted to ensure that the nominees are eligible and meet the criteria. All eligible nominations are reviewed by the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves. A Steering Committee will finalize the selection of an awardee. References will be contacted to validate the information provided in the nominations.
What happens once the awardee is notified?
The Awardee is expected to attend and accept their award in person at the Sustainable Energy For All Forum in Lisbon, Portugal from May 2-4, 2018.
Nominations will be accepted beginning January 30, 2018, and must be submitted by March 1, 2018. Please email any questions and submit complete nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.Contestants may self-nominate.